Legal steroid is a term that is used to define workout supplements that are intended to increase athletic performance and muscle mass. The thing that you should know is, legal steroids Canada is not similar to anabolic steroids. Anabolic steroids are more of a prescription-only medicine that is designed to treat health conditions. On the other hand, there are instances in which people are misusing this drug with a goal to increase their athletic performance and muscle mass.
All about Legal Steroids
As mentioned, legal steroids in essence are workout supplements that can help in increasing and enhancing muscle mass and athletic performance respectively.
In most cases, workout consists of a wide range of active ingredients similar to:
After knowing the active ingredients that comprise legal steroids, let us take a quick look at how important each ingredient is.
- Protein – molecules that contain amino acids that support effective growth of muscles
- BCAA – this is an abbreviation that stands for Branched-Chain Amino Acids. These amino acids are important in boosting the body’s natural production of protein
- Beta-Alanine – this is the precursor to carnosine that is made to support muscles throughout strenuous exercise
- Creatine – this is a naturally occurring substance in our muscle cells. This help in increasing muscle mass and improving physical performance too
- Caffeine – this is an active stimulant that increases overall athletic performance
Of course, different brands will have different formulations of the ingredients mentioned. On the other hand, the precise amount of every ingredient are not clearly stated as some companies are not fully disclosing how they arrive at their formulation.
Individual Ingredients Effectiveness
Some reports say that there are individual ingredients in the workout supplements that could improve physical performance and muscle-building.
In a 2018 meta-analysis performed by British Journal of Sports Medicine, they discovered that incorporating protein supplements along with resistance exercise training can help in boosting strength and muscle size.
What about Creatine and Caffeine?
According to the International Society of Sports, it suggested that creatine is among the most effective ergogenic supplements for the performance and growth of muscles. Ergogenic supplements are types of substances that boost the ability of the body to produce energy.
Yet another ergogenic ingredient is caffeine. In a review, even a little amount of caffeine equating to 3mg per kilogram of weight is enough to deliver performance-enhancing benefits to the user.